Please observe the following guidelines
when using ENCODE data:
- Data users may freely use ENCODE data,
but may not, without prior consent, submit publications or make public
presentations that use an unpublished ENCODE dataset until nine months
following the release of the dataset (see time stamp for release date).
- The publication and presentation
moratorium is expected to extend to
all forms of public disclosure, including meeting abstracts, oral
presentations, and formal electronic submissions to publicly accessible
sites (e.g., public websites, web blogs).
- Resource users are expected to
acknowledge the following in all oral or written presentations,
disclosures, or publications of the analyses:
- the resource producers,
- either of two publications, as relevant,
- the funding organization(s) that
supported the work,
- and the respective DCC.
- Data users should properly acknowledge
Project and resource producer(s) as the source of the data in any
- See the full ENCODE-modENCODE Data Release Policy (2008-Present)
document for further details, and the
ENCODE-modENCODE Data Release Policy description page at NHGRI for